- Attack: Right reverse punch to midsection.
- Defense: Step into left bow, right outward wipe off block controlling opponent’s arm, left hand in guard position, right side kick to ribs.
- Follow with left reverse punch to head.
- Attack: Right lunge punch to midsection.
- Defense: Step into right ma bu, right inward open hand block with left hand in guard position, right horizontal backfist to head.
- Follow with left reverse punch to head in bow stance, right vertical punch to body in horse stance.
- Attack: Right kick to groin (from left bow stance).
- Defense: Left fist downward block stepping into left bow, right reverse punch to chest.
- Follow with head grab with left hand, right inward elbow to jaw.
- Attack: Two-hand push to chest.
- Defense: Double open-palm outward blocks stepping into left bow, right inward chop to ribs, left outward chop to neck.
- Follow with rising right knee strike to groin or midsection, into right stomp sidekick to knee.
- Attack: Two-hand choke from rear, right foot forward.
- Defense: Turn around to right circling right arm over opponent’s arms locking both arms. Left palm strike to head or face.
- Follow with right vertical spear hand to solar plexus, grab back of head with both hands and pull down into right knee strike to face.
- Attack: Bear hug from rear, arms free.
- Defense: Double elbow strikes to opponent’s forearms, draw hands to right pocket position, turn left to the rear with left dropping elbow strike to opponent’s chest followed by right dropping forearm strike to opponent’s collarbone.
- Follow by grabbing opponent’s head with left hand, right inward elbow to jaw, right backfist to face or head, left willow leaf strike to midsection.
- Attack: Right hand grabs left wrist.
- Defense: Circle left hand up (looking in the mirror). Right hand counter-grabs opponent’s hand with thumb on middle knuckle, pull left hand free and place next to right hand. Lock opponent’s wrist and take opponent down.
- Follow opponent down and place right knee on chest or body (still controlling wrist with left hand), right vertical punch to head.
- Attack: Right hand push to chest in right bow.
- Defense: Step back into left bow, left hand grabs opponent’s wrist. Circle right hand under opponent’s fingers and lock fingers. Roll the ball backwards and down to drop opponent straight down in finger lock, in box stance.
- Follow with right inward chop to neck, left outward chop to neck, right vertical punch to head.
- Attack: Left hand grabs shirt in natural stance, right round punch to head.
- Defense: Basic shuai chiao overhead throw. Left open hand block circles outwards, swing hips in front of opponent while right arm reaches around opponent’s waist as left secures opponent’s right upper arm. Snap legs straight and bend forward to throw opponent overhead (keeping control of arm).
- Follow with right stomp kick to head, hop right while pulling arm to bring opponent face down, finish with box stance arm bar.
- Attack: Right then left punch combination.
- Defense: Step into right ma bu, right inward open hand block with left hand in guard position, pivot to bow with right outward block as left does outward chop to neck, right inward chop to neck pivoting back into ma bu.
- Follow by pivoting away into left bow stance facing away from opponent, right hammer fist to groin, right rising elbow to chin, right back kick.
- Attack: Right forearm choke from rear.
- Defense: Tuck chin in to the right, right foot back stomp kick to opponent’s right leg, plant right foot and deliver right elbow strike to rear. Grab opponent’s wrist with left hand, turn right to release hold and face opponent, step into right bow with double palm strikes to opponent’s face (left hand) and groin (right hand).
- Left roundhouse kick to ribs, followed by right spinning back kick to midsection.
- Attack: Bear hug from rear, arms pinned.
- Defense: Head butt back to opponent’s nose. Step left leg sideways into ma bu, right hammer strike to opponent’s groin followed by upward elbow strike to chest or chin. Sink and reach down to grab opponent’s nearest ankle with both hands, sit back with body as you lift ankle to drop opponent backwards.
- Follow by turning and delivering right stomp kick to opponent’s groin (still holding opponent’s ankle). Wrap right arm around foot into figure 4 lock (left palm holding heel, right forearm twisting foot outwards, right hand holding left forearm for strength). Twist foot to the right using body power, place left foot on groin or knee so opponent can’t roll out of the lock.
- Attack: Right hand grabbing left wrist.
- Defense: Left hand circles counterclockwise to counter grab opponent’s right wrist, right upward strike with inner forearm to opponent’s elbow, pull and bend elbow inward fully. Right hand slides through and grabs opponent’s wrist into chin na lock, drop into left box stance for take down.
- Follow by pivoting into right box stance, left knee attacks opponent’s head, right then left tiger claw strikes to available targets.
- Attack: Right roundhouse kick to head.
- Defense: Left rising elbow block while stepping forward into left bow, right horizontal punch to chest. Right low roundhouse kick to supporting knee, plant right leg and deliver left inward chop to neck with right hand in guard.
- Follow by pulling head down into left knee strike, pivot away and deliver left downward stomp kick to knee.
- Attack: Left arm headlock.
- Defense: Tuck chin in to right. Step right leg behind opponent into ma bu, left hammer strike to groin with right hammer strike to kidneys. Reach over opponent’s head with right hand, two-finger press upwards against nose followed by left palm strike to body.
- Follow by throwing left roundhouse kick to body, right reverse punch to body.
- Attack: Right kick to midsection.
- Defense: Block kick outwards with left pat block, hook and hold leg in left arm. Right willow leaf strike to midsection, step forward and sweep back opponent’s standing leg (continue holding leg as opponent falls backward).
- Follow by hopping forward and pressing opponent’s leg back so he is squeezed with his foot near his head, straddle his leg while in box stance, double punches to face.
- Attack: Left jab punch to face.
- Defense: Duck under punch and drop into right front sweep to back of opponent’s front leg. (Opponent lifts leg out of the way.) Follow with back sweep to opponent’s rear leg, knocking him down.
- Follow with any three fast, sequential strikes to openings on the downed opponent’s body.
- Attack: Right forearm choke from rear.
- Defense: Tuck chin to the right, right elbow strike to the rear. Grab opponent’s forearm, throw opponent forward overhead.
- When opponent lands, follow by stepping over arm and lying (falling) back into arm bar while raising hip.
- Attack: Right hand knife to throat from rear.
- Defense: Slide left thumb up inside opponent’s wrist and grab wrist. Step left out of way of knife, right hand reach over top of opponent’s elbow, turn to right facing opponent and roll opponent’s arm up behind his back into arm lock.
- Follow by reaching right hand around to grab opponent’s face and pulling as left hand presses lower back to bring him down. Finish with double tiger claws to face.
- Attack: Right roundhouse kick to head.
- Defense: Step in right bow close to opponent, left fist and forearm blocks kick with right forearm protecting head against possible punch. Wrap right arm over opponent’s leg to control it, pivot into left bow facing away from opponent, sweep opponent down to the left over your extended right leg.
- Still holding opponent’s leg, follow by delivering right stomp kick to the groin or knee, hop and deliver stomp kick to face.
- Attack: Two-man attack. Attacker A does bear hug from the rear with arms free. Attacker B does right lunge punch to head.
- Defense: Left fist upper block against attacker B followed by right front kick to midsection. Plant kicking foot, head butt to Attacker A in rear, double elbow strikes to Attacker A’s forearms, pivot to left with left dropping elbow to attacker A followed by right hammer strike.
- Follow with right back kick to attacker B. Quickly circle around behind attacker A, push into Attacker B.
- Attack: Right lunge punch to the midsection.
- Defense: Left inward sticking block then circling opponent’s arm down and out controlling wrist in tiger’s mouth. Right hand reaches over opponent’s arm, pressing forearm down to lock opponent’s elbow. Right hand reaches between opponent’s legs grabbing the inner thigh, sit and roll back to take opponent down.
- Follow by swinging into arm bar with left leg across opponent’s face and right leg over body, raise hips to lock opponent’s elbow.
- Attack: Left lunge punch to the head.
- Defense: Step forward into right ma bu, dropping under punch. Left hand grabs behind opponent’s ankle, right forearm press at knee height to dump opponent down while still controlling ankle.
- Follow by wrapping right arm around foot into figure 4 lock (left palm holding heel, right forearm twisting foot outwards, right hand holding left forearm for strength). Twist foot to the right using body power, place left foot on groin or knee so opponent can’t roll out of the lock.
- Attack: Left Jab from boxer’s stance
- Defense: Right palm inward block, flying scissors takedown with left leg behind opponent’s lower leg(s) and right leg hooking above the front of the opponent’s knee(s).
- Follow by rolling right and swinging body over opponent into full mount position, deliver three sequential strikes.
Back to top